Saturday, January 30, 2010

Take That Martha Stewart!


Last weekend I saw the movie, It's Complicated, with Meryl Streep and Alec Baldwin. I loved it so much that I vowed to conquer the chocolate croissant this weekend. Starting last Monday, I made the dough and then followed very specific patterns of rolling and folding to create lots of luscious croissant layers. This morning, we woke up to a blanket of snow outside our window and I knew the time had come to bake!



I rolled out the dough packet and sliced it into triangles using a pizza cutter. Next, I placed little pieces of chocolate on each triangle and rolled those up into the famous crescent shape. Letting the dough rise for an entire hour was hard-- but worth it. I baked those suckers 20 minutes at 400 degrees and it was heaven. The whole house smelled like butter. Chocolate croissants taste even better served on wedding china with a fresh cappuccino. We didn't even need lunch. These were even better than I expected. If you're bored during a snow day and want to whip up your own batch of these delights, visit: http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/croissants


No comments: