Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Bohemian, Savannah Ga.




"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways--Chardonnay in one hand--strawberries in the other--body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming--WOO HOO! What a ride!"

Yesterday I ran across this quote on my good friend's face book page and just laughed. YES! To live every day like you're squeezing the last drop out of it-- that is a worthy goal indeed. It reminded me of the drama of New Year's Eve-- reconnecting with our Savannah friends and sneaking into the newest, swankiest Savannah hotel for the last few minutes before the ball dropped.

While we couldn't see the fireworks thanks to a looming air-conditioner on the Hyatt rooftop, we enjoyed a spectacular view of the Talmadge bridge in all of its sparkling glory. Smoke from the paper-factory added the perpetual nastiness-factor, a trademark of Savannah-- The Savannah that we know and love, no matter what. I had my first kiss with my future husband on River Street, followed by the most romantic marriage proposal two and a half years later.

My husband, Dave, took some magnificent photos of the bridge at night, and as soon as we returned home to Greensboro, I began a painting that culminated in this piece yesterday afternoon.

Enjoy and welcome to my blog--East Coast Artist. Here, you'll find my musings, paintings, memories, recipes and a host of other randomness sure to entertain.

No comments: