Monday, April 5, 2010

Emily's Bridal Bouquet




Who doesn't love weddings? I know I do. I love seeing every last detail that the bride picked out, especially her dress and her flower bouquet. Last year I began painting bridal bouquets for brides and for very special wedding gifts. This is an example of a recent commission for a bouquet painting. The goal is not to capture every last detail, but instead to capture the moment-- the joy-- a symbol to help you remember your special day.




The colors play a crucial part. Usually a bride or a couple will choose some of their favorite colors for their wedding flowers and decorations. These are always meant to be an expression of the couple getting married. Capturing those colors in a painting for the couple's home is a great way to ensure that they can use their wedding colors in a sentimental accent piece.




I usually work from a wedding photograph or an engagement photograph. Above is an example of the framed piece along with the photograph inspiration and a handmade card. When opened, the card includes a pop-up flower that is the same type of flower found in the bride's bouquet. I am so honored to be part of these special wedding gifts and I want every last detail to be extra special.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is so cool, Katie! I was really sad to give up my bridal bouquet. Too bad we didn't know each other 7 years ago, I totally wold have commissioned you.