Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January Struggle vs. White Christmas

I'm struggling at going back to real life today. Dave went back to work this morning and I've been trying to get my act together ever since. It was so nice to have a week to recover from 2010. Not that it was a bad year at all-- it was a glorious year! It's just that after all that cooking, cleaning, entertaining, working at the chocolate shop, wrapping, painting, exhibiting, house buying, moving stuff, we were wiped out. So much happens in a year... I'm sure next year I'll be at a completely different point than this year, but for now, I'm happy to stay put in a warm house with a fireplace. Maybe I could drag my easel up close to it and then I'd be more productive in the first week of January. So instead of new paintings, here are some fun pictures from our very first White Christmas in N.C. Hopefully there will be many more to follow.
Christmas Day in Greensboro-- It began to snow around 2:30 p.m.
By 9:00 p.m., this is what our street looked like!
We went for an obligatory walk in the neighborhood to see the globe lights. Apparently, this is something that Greensboro goes gaga for! Next year we will be in on the action too.
And my favorite photo of the evening.... our neighbor's tree draped in sparkly lights and dusted with glittery snow. Now how about that cuppa hot chocolate and a cozy book by the fire?

No comments: