Monday, January 24, 2011

Eat Your Heart Out



I am cheesy. There is nothing that I love more than red and pink hearts, glitter, roses and a box of chocolates. I know there are the valentine-haters out there. There are people who think this holiday is stupid-- that instead, we should celebrate those we love with reckless abandon every day-- or any day, for that matter. I agree with the logic. However, it's often the case that I forget items on my to-do list that don't have a specific deadline. So I am thankful for the deadline of Valentine's Day because it forces me to stop, eat a bite of chocolate, and make pretty cards for some of the special folks in my life.


With that said, I got together with two of my newest friends (Carla and Woodie) on Saturday and we made Valentines like crazy.

There were sweet valentines, cheesy valentines, hilarious valentines-- and between the glitter and pretty patterned paper, we took bites of chocolate croissants (another yearly tradition in the Podracky household).

Here are some pictures from our party. It is sure to be an annual event and I hope more people can join in the fun next year.



3 comments:

Woodie said...

YAY! I love the shot of the table, it's really sums up the creative chaos well, doesn't it? :)

Melissa said...

I love this! I want to come! I'll have to have my own Valentines card making party way over here. Did you just have everyone contribute to a big supply pile? Where did you get stuff beforehand?

Katie said...

Yes-- I love the table pic too! It was divine. Melissa, I SO wish you could come! Maybe you'll be in N.C. next year?? And yeah--we all just brought a bunch of fun materials to work with. It was so neat to see what everyone's inspiration was.