Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Four Peaks: Colorado Mountains


"Four Peaks" is a painting for a couple that I met over 5 years ago in Wyoming. When I lived in Laramie, they saw my senior thesis work at a coffee shop and commissioned me to create a painting to celebrate their 10-year wedding anniversary. Naturally, I was thrilled when they found me again to help them celebrate 15 years together! What a compliment!

In the last 5 years, they've adopted two sweet girls. The four peaks in this painting represent the four members of their family-- The big overlapping peaks represent years of strength and love in their marriage and the two smaller peaks represent their sweet girls. In addition, the mountains in the painting are Colorado mountains-- close to the family's current home.

This painting is a beautiful way to celebrate their special occasion and I am honored to help Eric and Julie mark their milestones together! Thank you Eric and Julie and here's wishing you endless years of happiness together!



No comments: