Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Art After Dark, aka Lasagna and a painting!


November 5th was a very special night at the studio! Good folks from all around town came to my home for a delicious dinner and step-by-step painting instructions. We wined and dined on baguette, fig spread and brie, homemade lasagna, salad, and apple pie a la mode before we headed upstairs to paint. It's a wonder we could lift our paintbrushes with such delightfully happy bellies, but somehow we managed!

Here are a few pictures of us in our paint shirts with finished paintings. Each person created his or her own bird painting and went home with a framed masterpiece! I am so proud of each of my students!


Additional classes will be offered in 2011. E-mail me at katie.elane.wall@gmail.com if you'd like to know about them! Space is limited to 5 students each night and the cost is $100.00 per person with wine, dinner, supplies and framing included.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Katie, this is an awesome idea! Looks like a grand success, too. Even a non-painter like me would go for this deal. I know I just said this - but seriously AWESOME idea!

kate said...

I'm so tempted to treat myself to a hummingbird painting by you someday. Seriously, sometime next year I'm going to have to commission you.

I just love your bird paintings. :)

Katie said...

Thanks Kate! I would LOVE to trade a pair of hummingbirds (framed) for that portrait of me you did back in college. Maybe we can talk soon :-)