Monday, June 13, 2011

Through the grapevine...


I just meet the most wonderful people through being an artist. In fact, I've met some of my very best friends through the grapevine as I've moved through the process of accepting commissions and getting the word out about my upcoming exhibitions. The world is such a spider web-- and I mean that in a great way.

Recently I met a wonderful person who asked me to paint her condominium in Greensboro. We had lunch (she took me to lunch!), and then I got to see her beautiful and historic condo in downtown Greensboro. The exterior is elegant, charming, classic and lush with spring greenery, and when she showed me her entry and living room I just nearly had a cow with how lovely it was. If I had been in Greensboro instead of Savannah when I purchased my condo, I'm 100% sure we would have been neighbors!


She is even more lovely than her condo, as she is poised, gracious, elegant and charming! We shared some laughs over our secret (or not so secret) obsession with Martha (you know..The one and only Martha). She also shared some names of great chefs and antique stores. How fun is that?


Here is her painting, as well as a preliminary sketch. I hope you'll enjoy them as much as I enjoyed this commission. Many thanks Anne!

No comments: