Monday, May 24, 2010

The Vivid Fog


Oh it's been a while! April flew by and now we're rounding the corner into June...


My big weekend was only a week ago, but it feels like months. The Vivid Fog opened in Asheboro with a wonderful crowd. Somehow all the paintings were hung beautifully, the paint was dry, cookies were baked, and we even managed to have some real fog via dry ice! I was so happy with everything! I saw lots of people from my Asheboro days and some more new friends from Greensboro too. Four paintings sold at the opening, and since then I've heard that two more have found new homes too!





Emma, aka the greatest helper in the world, came to the show early and helped arrange the "poetry-ee's" with Hollis.



Here I am with my friend Carla. She and her husband, Toaster, took some of these awesome pictures.


And here I am again with my friend, Hollis. She helped me SO much with this show and I am grateful to her! She took the rest of these awesome pictures.


After the opening, Dave and I scarfed down some pizza with my parents at The Flying Pig, a new establishment in A-town. I was impressed! Even better than that part-- I ran into about 4 people that I graduated with (nearly 10 years ago!). They all looked the same, which is fabulous because it means we haven't aged a bit since we were 18!



After pizza at "the pig," we hopped in the car and drove to Raleigh for the night. Artsplosure festival was the next day, and even more paintings and giclee prints sold there! I was completely impressed with the festival. The artists there had really beautiful things and the show ran like butter! I'll most certainly be back. Speaking of butter, I'm off to bake a cake for Dave's birthday-- which is tomorrow!

Bright and early at Artsplosure 2010!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Katie, you have been busy! The show looks fantastic. How many of those pieces are yours? Have fun with all the craziness and sell lots of paintings!

Katie said...

I think I had about 13 at the Circa gallery---all the paintings in the front of the gallery are mine and I had some sprinkled throughout the rest too. The festival show--I think I had around 15 more! :-) I'm taking a break this week.