Saturday, July 10, 2010

Painting with the POPS



Every Tuesday morning, a magical thing happens around the triad. A group of about 10 lovely painters meets up at various spots to practice painting en plein air. I have had the pleasure of joining these artists several times this summer, and in the process I have found some AMAZING spots and met some AMAZING people. The first spot was a vineyard near Winston Salem. It made me feel like I was in Italy again! The second spot was a daylilly farm-- complete with an old farmhouse built in 1860. This week we're going to some gardens closer to Greensboro and I can't wait.



Here are some images from the past group paints. At the daylilly farmhouse, I ended up giving my painting to one of the property owners. He just loved the painting and I felt like a total champ.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

All your Plein Air painting stories make me want to learn how to paint. What a great way to enjoy beautiful areas.

Katie said...

It is! It's usually hot and buggy and sweaty, but it's still a rush. I wish you could come out and paint with me!